Saturday, February 29, 2020

A Message from the Sunflower


Sunflower Rising




If you know me you know I LOVE sunflowers! It's my favorite summer flower!


I'm a summer baby so everything the season brings I am deeply connected to, specifically The Sun!


If you have read or know about my children's book, Hello Sun Moon and Stars, then you see how deeply I resonate to the sun. I am The Sun which is one of the characters in the book. This book was inspired by my life journey. It was birthed from deep reflection of gratitude to the Universe for creating life's ups and downs for me to have two very important people in my life who would anchor my growth into realizing and remembering who I am...what is my mission here on earth. 


These two gifts from the Universe are my daughter, The Moon, and my husband, The Star.




Sunflowers: 

The symbolism of a sunflower is faith, devotion, trust and loyalty to something MUCH bigger and brighter than themselves. The sunflower is directly aligned to receive the sun's nourishment. It is also associated then with spiritual knowledge...growing as you seek the light to anchor in wisdom and truth.







Why am I writing about sunflowers now? What inspired me?

I am part of this beautiful author group on Facebook and an illustrator had a wonderful idea! The idea was to pair her illustrations - which is a very unique and amazing style may I add - with a short poem or piece of writing by an author. She wanted to create and collaborate with authors for her blog. I believe in rising together and this idea made my heart dance! Why? Because I immediately saw her sunflower emoji and that was it! She lives in Europe and I in the USA but our connection came forth through the sunflower!

I am grateful for her idea which then connected us which then inspired me to reflect and write this blog. Thank you, Chloe!

I want to share her link here: Chloe Lights

And this is her beautiful sunflower art paired with my simple A Message from the Sunflower writing piece. 



Sunflower Illustration by Chloe Lights

We RISE together!
Thank you for reading!

Love,
Shalini 
@SacredScribe


No comments:

Post a Comment